[GRLUG] Motherboard Questions

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 21:53:16 EST 2005

Hey guys I have a few easy questions.

I have a generic ATX case with an Antec 300watt power supply.  I would
like to get a new motherboard and CPU for this as cheaply as possible.
 I found a deal with a via cpu and motherboard that seem to be exactly
what I want, cheap, low power .  Unfortunately it is a Flex-ATX
motherboard.

1.)  Will a flex ATX fit in an ATX case?  O.K. I know it will fit,
being smaller, but are the screw patterns compatible.  I seem to have
a lot of screw holes that I am not using in my generic case.
2.) Is the power supply compatible.
3.) Generic power question - If the cpu is a low power cpu and doesn't
use even close to the 300 watts rated on the power supply does the
power supply pull 300watts from the from the wall or will it pull only
what is needed?

I know these question are very simple but I couldn't find the answers any where.

--
Share and Enjoy