[GRLUG] Debian

David Pembrook david at pembrook.net
Wed Dec 7 13:48:12 EST 2005

How do you know what version of a given package is in what state (stable,testing...) I've always left machines stock in that regard but I want to try say... the newest MySQL.. Whenever I've use apt on redhat, I'm just getting the latest in the current major release but never a jump from say 3.x to 4.x which makes sence as they've made substantial changes and you need to be carefull doing that kind of jump. Is Debian going to let me specify using apt what version of MySQL I get for instance?

Dave