[GRLUG] GD library and PHP session auto-start?

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Mon Dec 5 23:13:13 EST 2005

The autostart of sessions is in php.ini

Are you using rpm install of apache and php?

If you do your php is in /etc/php.ini

and you can add GD by installing rpms.  I don't remember if there is a specific php-GD or just the system GD.

I would suggest on the development system to go with rpms and when you tested all start compiling on your own.

Sincerely,

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Grand Rapids Community College
http://www.grcc.edu/smachaje

"If we are to survive, we must have ideas, vision and courage.
 These things are rarely produced by committees.
 Everything that matters in our intellectual and moral life
 begins with an individual confronting his own mind and conscience
 in a room by himself."

     -- Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.

hi guys i am playing with dotproject, its very cool you all can check it out
at dotproject.net

its a L.A.M.P application that i am hoping to install and use here at the
company i work for

after being asked to install M$ Project server (MS SQL, Sharepoint services,
Win2003, 2003 Project server) $$$$$ in CALs the whole bit

i have almost all of it in place but i am fighting two things

first i dont know about the Session auto-start for PHP?
is this a tweek in Httpd.conf, or is this a PHP config?

second there is GANTT Chart functionality in this application as long as i
have the GD library? installed.
i ran into this when i was investigating BugZilla (we where looking for a
versioning system for our internal application one of our in-house
developers thought BugZilla would work, it didn't) anyway, i was never able
to get GD installed correctly and at that time the List server was still off
walking around, so i couldn't ask you guys, now that the list mail server is
back up, i am hoping one of you all might know about GD and how to get it
installed

the system is Ferdora Core 3 kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3, MySQL 3.23.x, Apache
2.0.52 (Fedora), and i have PHP 4.1 or better (dont know version for sure)

thanks all

--
Kyle Victor MCSA/MCSE/CCNA/Linux +/RHCT

visit Kyle's website at: