[GRLUG] sound issues

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Mon Dec 5 15:22:44 EST 2005

> Strange.  Google just informs me that Fedora Core does not include
> alsaconf.  Odd.  Try 'system-config-soundcard'.

I should have thought of that.  It's not really a configurator, more of a
test.  It finds my card and plays a sound, and asks me if I heard it.  I
don't, but the console gives me nice errors:

$ sudo system-config-soundcard
amixer: Unable to find simple control 'PCM-2',0

amixer: Unable to find simple control 'DRC Range',0

Playing WAVE '/usr/share/system-config-soundcard/sound-sample.wav' :
Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

Any idea what that means?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Usually people believe their motives and emotions are known to themselves
alone, yet few things remain concealed from an intelligent observer with
time to see, to consider, and to speculate."
 			-- Louis L'Amour, Guns of the Timberlands