[GRLUG] sound issues

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Mon Dec 5 15:13:01 EST 2005

>From Raymond:
> The system utility alsaconf is /usr/sbin/alsaconf, not on a normal
> user's path, at least on SuSE.

Yeah, I always put the cool paths in mine, it's really not there:

locate alsaconf
/usr/share/man/fr/man8/alsaconf.8.gz
/usr/share/locale/ja/LC_MESSAGES/alsaconf.mo

> (from memory), you need "alsa-lib" and "alsa-utils" packages...

Yum doesn't have those, and I have dag and livna in my sources.  How
obscure is this stuff?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"Usually people believe their motives and emotions are known to themselves
alone, yet few things remain concealed from an intelligent observer with
time to see, to consider, and to speculate."
 			-- Louis L'Amour, Guns of the Timberlands