[GRLUG] sound issues

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 14:01:10 EST 2005

alsactl will scan your buses and return the found chips. The command
requires some ARGV's so you'll need to do a bit of man paging. Sorry, I
don't have access to a box w/ alsa-utils installed right now.

On 12/5/05, Godwin <geektoyz at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's the output of "lspci", Toph?
>
> G-

> > Ok, I have a Dell d600 laptop.  Fedora 3 worked great, but due to a
> recent
> > drive failure I needed to re-install.  I went with fc4, which has worked
> > fine for me on other systems.
> >
> > On this one, it didn't find the sound card.  No reasons given, it just
> > didn't find it.
> >
> > They don't ship sndconfig anymore, does anyone know of how to tell it to
> > look for the sound card again?
> >
> > Topher
> > Manager of Internet Services
> > Cornerstone University Radio
> >
> > ------
> > "Age is ever an indefinite thing.....and perhaps the poorest way to
> estimate
> > or judge"
> >                          -- Louis L'Amour, Fair Blows the Wind

> Ubber::Geek
> http://grlug.org/

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain