[GRLUG] Linux system for sale

Sun Dec 4 17:34:42 EST 2005

Linux system for sale

Name: Sakaki (Hey, I built it, so I get to name it).

Sakaki is a Compaq Deskpro EN (small form factor) system with an 866 Mhz
Pentium III and 512 MB RAM.  She has a 40 GB hard drive, CD-ROM and
floppy.  Also built in video and sound.  PS/2 mouse and keyboard,
parallel, serial and USB ports.  Note that she does have onboard am NIC,
but I found it to be unreliable under Linux.  So she has a 3COM NIC in
one of the expansion slots.

The PC has a full-size CD-ROM bay, so you can put in a CD-R or a DVD
drive.  She has 2 expansion slots left.  She will take full height
cards, but may not take long cards.  Half-length cards will fit with no
problem.

She comes with mouse, keyboard and power cord.  All you need to supply
is a monitor (and speakers if you like good sound).  She is preloaded
with Mandriva Linux 2006 Power Pack with all the updates that were
available when I built her (within the last couple of weeks).  You get
the Mandriva CD-Rs that I used to install her.

Sakaki is $100
(Basically what I was charged for the hardware.)

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2005LE